14-36 JACKSON county/comté/grafschaft

2 covered bridges/ponts couverts/bedeckte Holzbrücken/二廊桥

This symbol indicates this listing has been translated from English to French and German by ATAWALK
Ce symbole indique que la traduction de cette liste fut effectuer à partir de l'Anglais au Français et à l'Allemand par ATAWALK
Dieses Symbol deutet darauf hin, dass diese Auflistung von ATAWALK vom Englischen ins Französische und Deutsche übersetzt wurde
.此符号表示此物品已被翻译从英语到法语,德语和ATAWALK中 .



North-east of Brownstown off CR250E between Brownstown and Hamilton Twps.

Au nord-est de Brownstown sur la CR250E entre les cantons Brownstown et Hamilton

Nord-östlich von Brownstown off CR250E zwischen Landkreis Brownstown und Hamilton

East Fork of the White River

Fourche est de la rivière Blanche

Östen Nebenfluß des Weiss Flußes

Shieldstown Bridge, closed to motor traffic

Pont couvert de Shieldtown, fermé au traffic moteur

Shieldtown Holzbrücke, Fahrzeugverkehr verboten

3.3 miles north-east of IN39 at Brownstown on US50 then left at the water tower 1 mile to the bridge

3.3 miles au nord-est de Brownstown sur la US50 et à gauche 1 mile au château d'eau vers le pont

3,3 Meilen nord-östlich von IN39 in Brownstown auf US50 dann links auf den Wasserturm 1 Meile zum die Brücke




Built in 1876, by J. J. Daniels

Construit en 1876 par J. J. Daniels

Gebaut in 1876 von J. J. Daniels

Burr Arch truss

Ferme Burr avec arches

Burr Träger mit Bogen

A stunning structure at the hamlet of Shieldtown, fotos Galen Frysinger



14-36-03 COLLAPSED



Bell's Ford Bridge, collapsed, remnants to be moved and rebuilt near Indianapolis

Pont couverrt du gué Bell, effondré, les restes seront déménagé près d'Indianapolis

Bell's Ford-Brücke, zerstört, Reste werden verschoben und umgebaut in der Nähe von Indianapolis

TBC 2 330'

Built by Robert Patterson in 1875 on the East-Fork of the White river near Seymour, partially collapsed by high winds on 02-28-99, the second span collapsed on January 6th 2006

Consttruit en 1875 par Robert Patterson sur la Fourche est de la rivière Blanche près de Seymour, il est moitié détruit par de fort vents le 28 février1999, le reste s'effondre le 6 janvier 2006

Erbaut von Robert Patterson in 1875 auf der Ost-Nebenfluß des Weiss Flußesin der Nähe von Seymour, teilweise zusammengebrochen durch die starken Winde am 02-28-99, die zweite span zusammengebrochen auf der 6. Januar 2006

It was the only remaining Post truss covered bridge in the world!

C'était le dernier pont couvert de type Post au monde

Es war die einzige verbleibende Post-Träger Brücke in der Welt!

The Bell Ford bridge will find a new home at the Ft. Harrison State Park, on August 19, 2008, the commissioners of Jackson County voted 3-0 to sell what remained of the bridge to an interest group who intended to rebuild the bridge at Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park in Indianapolis, Indiana, over sixty miles (100 km) away from its current location. It would allow walkers and bikers to cross over Fall Creek. The restoration is expected to take two years and cost $2 million (USD), with a hope that federal grants will be available. It has been promised that historical markers will denote its history in Jackson County, but some preservationists in Jackson County decry it being moved, saying the grant money was already there to pay for its renovation in Jackson County. So then, why was the work not done to save the bridge... the story didn't tell! At any rate, Indianapolis will be a good home!

Fort Harrison State Park 5753 Glenn Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216

The Bell's Ford in the 1970's

2004 and 2006

2007 ... foto Galen Frysinger



East of Medora off IN235 between Carr and Driftwood Twps.

À l'est de Medora sur la IN235 entre les cantons Carr et Driftwood

Östlich von Medora auf IN235 zwischen Landkreis Carr und Driftwood

East Fork of the White River

Fourche est de la rivière Blanche

Östen Nebenfluß des Weiss Flußes

Medora Bridge, closed to motor traffic

Pont couvert de Medora, fermé au traffic moteur

Medora Holzbrücke, Fahrzeugverkehr verboten

5 miles south-west of US50 at Brownstown on IN135 then right on IN235 towards Medora about 1.5 miles to the bridge on the north side of the road

5 miles au sud-ouest de la US50 à Brownstown sur la IN135 et à droite sur la IN235 vers Medora environ 1.5 miles jusqu'au pont, du côté nord de la route

5 Meilen süd-westlich von US50 in Brownstown auf IN135 dann rechts in Richtung auf IN235 Medora etwa 1,5 Meilen bis die Brücke auf der Nordseite der Straße




Built in 1875, by J. J. Daniels restotation started in 2010

Construit en 1875 par J. J. Daniels, restauration débute en 2010

Gebaut in 1875 von J. J. Daniels, restoriert im Jahr 2010

Burr Arch truss

Ferme Burr avec arches

Burr Träger mit Bogen

The hugely beautiful 3-span Medora covered bridge 14-36-04, photos Galen Frysinger

...and the naked MEDORA bridge under repair in 2010. Foto Walt Daniels sent to ATAWALK by Brian McKee.

Fill in your name and email and we'll keep you updated with our latest information.
Your Name
Your Email